hola mucha bonitas. no i don’t take spanish :)
feeling nostalgic—watching “according to jim” takes me back to middle school days, i’ve always found silly shows like this so relaxing & very funny.
yesterday was pretty blahh, had a group meeting, went to the mall, chilled, etc.
totally went to the mall for some new business casual wear, came out with jeans (made me a little anxious, but i think i handled it), clif, luna, & mojo bars….fail.
whatever my breakfast rocked, & i even tried to make it pretty for y’all.
van's berry waffles & pb & bananaaa
i packed my lunch since my group likes to meet when i like to meet, i felt like i a total foodie :)
crunchyy pb & jelly & pure pumpkin! & cinnamon. wow
there is no doubt that i will be making this again, super simple & super delicious!
so i found myself feeling sorry for myself yet again this morning. damn it! i was talking to my mom and she asked me what i did last night and i told her a that i did a whole lot of nothing, sighing during the process. my mom reminded me that i have to put myself out there, and that i have said myself that i know that i put up walls to keep people out. then i realized it, i know that i have been avoiding putting myself out there & using it as a reason to be a whiney baby.
so i said to myself, “self, get over yourself, you have the power to get yourself out of this rut.”
& in response to that i texted 3 of my friends, & at the moment i have tentative plans to see 10 minute student play tonight. it was easy, it didn’t kill me, no one texted back to say that they didn’t want to be around me.
so moral of the story, isolating yourself may be easy & safe, but putting yourself out there is not that hard and don’t worry i’ll be back to confirm that it is way more FUN.
this morning i rocked the 45 minute hot power fusion yogadownload class; its been a while since i’ve done more than 25 minutes of yoga–this felt very good.
i also participated in an experiment for an econ grad student & made BANK! i don’t think i’m allowed to share how much, not that it really matters, but it totally makes my jeans free :)
now that i’ve sufficiently bored you ;) let me leave you with happy & healthy things…
1. Your body is extraordinary–begin to respect and appreciate it.
2. Create a list of all the things your body lets you do. Read it and add to it often.
3. Become aware of what your body can do each day. Remember it is the instrument of your life, not just an ornament.
4. Create a list of people you admire: people who have contributed to your life, your community, or the world. Consider whether their appearance was important to their success and accomplishments.
5. Walk with your head held high, supported by pride and confidence in yourself as a person.
6. Don’t let your weight or shape keep you from activities that you enjoy.
7. Wear comfortable clothes that you like and that feel good to your body.
8. Count your blessings, not your blemishes.
9. Think about all the things you could accomplish with the time and energy you currently spend worrying about your body and appearance. Try one!
10. Be your body’s friend and supporter, not its enemy.
11. Consider this: your skin replaces itself once a month, your stomach lining every five days, your liver every six weeks, and your skeleton every three months.
12. Every morning when you wake up, thank your body for resting and rejuvenating itself so you can enjoy the day.
13. Every evening when you go to bed, tell your body how much you appreciate what it has allowed you to do throughout the day.
14. Find a method of exercise that you enjoy and do it regularly. Don’t exercise to lose weight or to fight your body. Do it to make your body healthy and strong and because it makes you feel good.
15. Think back to a time in your life when you felt good about your body. Tell yourself you can feel like that again, even in this body at this age.
16. Keep a list of 10 positive things about yourself–without mentioning your appearance. Add to it!
17. Put a sign on each of your mirrors saying, “I’m beautiful inside and out.”
18. Choose to find the beauty in the world and in yourself.
19. Start saying to yourself, “Life is too short to waste my time hating my body this way.”
20. Eat when you are hungry. Rest when you are tired. Surround yourself with people that remind you of your inner strength and beauty.
i find this list helpful and i challenge everyone to start putting these ideas into practice. i plan to start with one then keep adding. we all need to remember that we are strong & beautiful.
how will you appreciate yourself in the days to come?
modified oats in a jar! sub-ing cheerios for oats ;)